Alliance of Community Assistance Ministries, Inc.
710 North Post Oak Road, Suite 210
Houston, Texas 77024
(713) 640-5192 Main Line
ACAM provides support and services to ministries
and does not provide financial assistance directly
to the general public. Please call 2-1-1 for basic needs and financial assistance.
Financial and Budget Analyst
About ACAM, Inc.:
ACAM, Inc. is a 501(c)3 public charity and Management Support Organization (MSO) committed to supporting excellence in services and organizational development for community assistance ministries in the Greater Houston region. Our staff, ministry network and consulting partners include experts in homelessness prevention, public benefits access, economic development, nonprofit training, and basic needs/poverty research — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated poverty alleviation challenges. ACAM is located in the Houston, Galleria area. We are currently seeking qualified, degreed candidates for the position of Financial and Budget Analyst with 3-5 years of experience in nonprofit financial reporting, project management, grants management and/or program budgeting.
In-office staff position with a consistent flextime schedule available (8-hours including lunch, between the hours of 9am and 7pm); Monday through Friday. Those seeking contracts, telecommuting or clients for an outsourcing company need not apply. The position is an exempt managerial position.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
Translates financial and statistical information for annual reports, marketing materials, grant reports and presentations into various formats such as tables, graphs, charts, and other infographics. Develops project management plans for review and manages budget(s), reporting and compliance timelines through the lifecycle of the grants or contracts. Produces thorough project reports that communicate the status of an ongoing project containing specific information about budgeted and actual expenditures, accomplished milestones and any problems that have arisen since the start of the project. Provides operating and grant expense reporting, creates financial dashboards, tracks contract and program expenses, records in-kind and electronic donations and ensures compliance with donor requirements. Manages daily operations including relationships with vendors, subcontractors, grantees to ensure program and project timelines are met. Provides support/guidance to accounting contractors and project consultants to ensure the success of ACAM’s various projects and the health of the organization. Analyzes financial data and project budgets, procurement and vendor payments, and assists contracted accounting firms in the preparation of annual audit and IRS Form 990. Provides technical assistance to partnering organizations, and organizes and collects data on outputs and outcomes for ACAM’s core services and projects. Applicants will be asked to complete a short summary report demonstrating Excel and data visualization skills prior to a final offer being made.
- Bachelor's Degree – Accounting, Finance, Business, Public Administration or related field. 3 - 5 Years of progressively responsible financial analysis, grants management, outcome measurement and reporting in the nonprofit environment.
- Experience managing projects that span across multiple disciplines, reviewing proposal submissions, managing subcontracts and monitoring for compliance.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet and presentation software (Intermediate to Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills) aka "data visualization" skills.
- Experience reviewing invoices and contracts, processing payments and ensuring grant reporting timelines, outputs, outcomes and expenditures are monitored to maximize grant funds.
- Proficiency at producing meaningful and impactful program/project reports and presentations for various audiences.
- Project management skills and dedication to continuous quality improvement in nonprofit human services
- Articulate, professional appearance and team-oriented. Able to communicate to in a poised, clear, and positive fashion with executive leadership, network partners and staff. Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism, personal creativity and the ability to develop and maintain an environment that stimulates creative thinking.
- QuickBooks Nonprofit Edition experience is a plus.
PREFERRED Grants management and nonprofit accounting experience. QuickBooks Certifications or knowledge of QuickBooks capabilities. Work samples including financial analysis and chart/graph-making capability, project management reports, and/or program budgets.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
ACAM offers a competitive salary and benefit package (Group Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, SEP-IRA Retirement Account and more). Please review other areas of our website for more information about our organization and the network of organizations with which we partner.
ACAM is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Please email your cover letter and résumé to ACAM's PEO Hiring Rep., Jessica Wray: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Galleria Area, Houston, TX